2003 ford taurus traction control?

Ught

Jan 11, 2009
i've searched and searched about this and i still dont know what it is!! here goes........

i had some front end work done to my car a couple months ago and ever since i got the alignment my traction control kicks in when i hit around 65mph or if i hit a bump. sometimes i can tell when it kicks in cause my car will jerk like its trying to slow down. i let off the gas and it goes off, but when i hit another bump or get above 65 it comes on, i let off the gas, it goes off and so on and so on. sometimes i dont even realize its on and im going like 70 but it doesnt do the jerking thing like its trying to slow down... it doesnt do anything. i turned it off this morning on my way to work and i got up to 70 and it drove like a charm. my ABS light does NOT come on either. its so weird. lol!! whats going on?? and is it ok to just turn it off when im driving?

ps. it came on once before a couple years ago, but only when i made a left turn around a certain curb. i didnt think anything about it until now, but back then after i got my tires balanced it stopped coming on. could it just be that i need to get them balanced again? and could they have done something with they did the alignment?

Back