YAMAHA owners : New sport bike opinions? is a liter bike worth it?

Havedogplusabiker

Mar 13, 2011
I just need opinions please from people who have more experience in sports bikes. I used to ride a CBR 600 F4I and sold it about a 3 weeks ago to buy an R6. To make a long story short the seller found a buyer who was willing to pay higher than me and now I am bikeless. Anyway I am on the market looking for a bike. I have three choices as of now. A 1999 Honda VFR 800 with about 28k on sale for $2800. A 2001 YZF R1 with 13k miles for $3000 but it has been low sided and some cracks and seat tears. And finally another 2006 CBR F4I with 29k but its all stock on sale for $3500. I am more concerened about reliability and a low price. I want the R1 cause it looks better and has the lowest miles. The only thing I am worried about is its reliability. It is carbeurated and I heard about Yamaha's transmission problems! In your opinion should I just get another F4I or the VFR. From experience I sold my 2002 F4I with a little over 45k miles on it and had no problems, so in a way I am leaning toward Honda's reliability. Just let me know your opinions thanks!

Back