Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

What would be a good beginner sport bike for a 300lb rider?

I'm not looking for something to go crazy with. I just want a bike to ride as a hobby and for commuting to school and back to save on gas. I'm not worried about getting a whole lot of power. I just need enough to support my weight and be able to keep up with traffic. I was looking at a Kawasaki 650r, but I'm not sure if that's too much or what. I have absolutely no prior experience and I'm taking a motorcycle education course next month. So I just wanted to get some ideas on what range I should be looking in. Also, price isn't too much of an issue. I'd like to stay under 10k, though.

Aww, how mature of you to be so considerate of my weight. That was really clever. Unless you plan to provide some mature, useful input, don't bother. People kill me with how hardcore they are to just drop ridiculous comments online, but in reality, you wouldn't say shit in person.

Downloads
    Uploads
    well weather its a 250 or a 600 you can kill your self on any motorcycle. and by the time you come out of MC school you will know how to ride so i suggest is a suzuki hayabusa or a kawasaki zx14 there both bigger bikes for a bigger man they have style and plenty of power to get you A to B AND with 10G's you can get a nice used one on cragslist and thats my answer so DEUCES!

Downloads
    Uploads
    the first thing you need to get is an EXERCISE BIKE !!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Kawasaki Ninja 250.

But if you know how to ride a motorcycle already there's not much wrong with a 600.

You have attitude I can tell, maybe you can start on a 600 as well.

I couldn't. I have a habit of getting extremely aroused by the vibrations of a bike so a 600 would likely cause me to die a very happy death.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Does ir have to be a Sport Bike? They have uncomfortable seats, lean you way over and support your upper body on your wrists.
    A Cruiser has a lot more torque, is easier to ride and used are less likely to be abused.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Not sure how tall you are because you didn't say but you might also consider the kawasaki versys which has the same engine as the 650R. For your size the 650R would be a good starter bike. I think a 250 will be a little on the underpowered side for you. Good luck with the bike!

Downloads
    Uploads
    The 650 is a great choice. Sport standards and naked bikes would be a great fit for you. Id go sit on different bikes to see which is more comfortable.