My son is almost two, and has been a whiner since he could first make noise. My husband and are I at the end of our ropes, and don't know what to do! He seems to spend at least 6-7 hours every day whining for what seems like no reason. He does it EVERY day. I have had him to the doctor several times to see if there is something medically wrong that is causing it, but they have found nothing. It seems that screaming is the only way to stop him, and it does...but I hate doing it. It only happens when I feel like quitting. I stay home with him, but we go to the zoo every week. He gets to play with other kids a few days a week. We go play in the yard. We have a farm with lots of animals to entertain him. I just don't know what else to do. Any suggestions? I really need help! Everyone tells us he is the most whiny kid they have ever seen...but when he is happy he is also the happiest 'human' I have ever seen! Could it be mental? Like bi-polar disorder?

When he wants somethiing (like a drink, food, diaper etc)...then we do make him ask nicely. He will say please. The problem is that 95% of the time he doesn't actually want anything when he whines! He isn't thirsty, or hungry, or wet, or wanting to be entertained. We get so tired we try to give him everything we can think of...juice, food, diaper, toys...play a movie...try to entertain him anyway we can. But he will just fall to floor and eventually his whining turns into crying. If we ignore him it will get louder and louder, and it has lasted for up to 3 hours! This is the point when I will finally yell at him to stop. I don't know any other kid who does this, especially so constantly.