Staring blankly ahead, I attempted to keep my composure when I heard a knock at my door. Dad was here – he had to be. No doubt the cops had called him by now and told him what I’ve done. Usually the consequences for things like this seemed brutally severe when first delivered, but in a few days he would either forget or act like he’s such a great father for giving me a second chance to prove myself. That’s what always happens, but this time was different. For once in my life, I had no idea what to expect from him. I had a feeling it wouldn’t be good.
Taking a deep breath, I made my way to the front door as my 5 year old beagle followed closely at my heels. There was a soft click as I unlocked it and a gentle creak as it opened. Surely enough, there he stood holding an expensive briefcase that matched his five thousand dollar business suit – his way of showing he’s above everyone else.
“Hi dad,” I said.

He pushed past me without a word, shaking his head as he sat down in his chair, like he was so astonished I would see her behind his back. Knowing it would make him lose his temper, I resisted an eye roll as I sat down in the seat across from him – waiting for the inevitable.