Acura Integra GS-R to Type-R conversion?

Jacques1

Apr 5, 2009
I'll keep this to a list so that you guys can attack this question one bit at a time.

So, I'm buying an Acura Integra GSR, and I've noticed there are a few differences in the body styling between he GSR and the Type-R. I was curious if anyone knows how I can achieve the Type-R look, and where I would go to get the body panels necessary. Also, does the model year have anything to do with this difference (due to the fact that type-r didn't come out until 1997, I think...)

I'm not sure about this, but could someone tell me, is there a difference in the ride height, and if so, what should I do to correct this coil overs, drop kits, etc.)?

Also, I know that the Type-R motor requires premium fuel only, but does the GS-R engine require the same?

I'm looking to make some 'minor' modifications to the engine, nothing serious. What's the best product (best for the money and lasts decently well enough) I should use for:
1) Air Intake (ram air vs cold-air)
2)Exhaust (headers,high-flow muffler that doesn't sound like a rubber band)
3)Cams (I'm trying to look for ones that will give me a great 'kick-in' sound, and yet have a good lower cam profile s that I can still get between 25-30 mpg when I'm not pushing it)

And one other thing... does anyone know where I can get the red valve cover for the B18c's, I think it looks really cool!

I'm sorry that you have to answer so much, but want to be thorough before I start really driving this thing, and I like having a car that runs great and looks good, too.
Thanks for all the help.

Back