I dream about death at least every other night. It manifests itself in a variety of ways - my death, a stranger's death, occasionally the death of someone I know, seeing the Grim Reaper, being in a graveyard, being buried alive, investigating murders, encountering murderers, killing people who are trying to kill me, etc. If it has to do with death, I've probably dreamed about it. I find it odd that I dream of death so often and I wonder if anyone has ideas as to why.

Extra info that may help...

To my knowledge, I have never had a nightmare about death, so I'm almost certain this has nothing to do with a fear of death (not a major phobia of mine).

I do not play violent video games or watch violent movies very often. I have nothing against them, but I'm more of a reader.

I find death very romantic (but it does not always happen with any kind of emotional stimulation within the dream environment).

Very rarely do I have a night where I do not remember my dreams, and those nights are only when I am sick or have not gotten enough sleep.

I have never experienced the death of anyone who was particularly close to me.

Thanks in advance.
I should have mentioned this too - death isn't something that usually occupies my mind during the day. I only noticed the frequency of the dreams when I started a dream journal a few months ago, and in retrospect I found that it had been going on long before I noticed anything.