Can you block someone's number on Verizon??

J

jen

I don't want to change my number but theres someone really bothering me and wont stop texting. How can I block their number??

Sorry to break it to you but no. I just tried to do this last month at the Verizon store. They told me to just get a new phone number. I didn't want to do that. ( I had the same problem as you)

Yes you can block someone from texting you on Verizon. I did that on my daughters phone as her and a friend text so much she went over her limit.

Here's how:

Go to http://www.verizonwireless.com log into your account. If you do not have one, set it up. After that at the top fo the page you will see red tab like bars and there is one that says "messaging" do not click on this, just put your curser on it and it will drop down some choices and click on "text messaging." It will not take you to a page that says text messaging at the top but just elow the red tab like bars. On the left hand side you will see "welcome" and below that you will see "text messaging" in a black tab like bar and then choices underneath it in red. Click on "preferences" and it will open up other choices that are highlighted in black & white. It will show "calender" then "contacts" then "nickname" then "quick text" and right after that you will see "text blocking"...click on that. And once you are on that next page you will see where you can put the information in to block up to 15 individuals from emails, websites, domain names, etc. I put in this kids cell phone number and it blocked it. This is what a customer service rep for Verizon told me to do.

Good luck!

You can have someone's number blocked simply by calling *611 on your verizon phone and they will block a number for free.

Yes you can block someone from texting you on Verizon. I did that on my daughters phone as her and a friend text so much she went over her limit.

Here's how:

Go to Cell Phones, Cell Phone Plans, 3G Smartphones, the Best Cell Phone Service - Verizon Wireless log into your account. If you do not have one, set it up. After that at the top fo the page you will see red tab like bars and there is one that says "messaging" do not click on this, just put your curser on it and it will drop down some choices and click on "text messaging." It will not take you to a page that says text messaging at the top but just elow the red tab like bars. On the left hand side you will see "welcome" and below that you will see "text messaging" in a black tab like bar and then choices underneath it in red. Click on "preferences" and it will open up other choices that are highlighted in black & white. It will show "calender" then "contacts" then "nickname" then "quick text" and right after that you will see "text blocking"...click on that. And once you are on that next page you will see where you can put the information in to block up to 15 individuals from emails, websites, domain names, etc. I put in this kids cell phone number and it blocked it. This is what a customer service rep for Verizon told me to do.

Good luck!

THANK YOU, SO MUCH! this made my day, and i have successfully blocked someone that definitely needed to be!

Back