My boyfriend shows way too much PDA, help?

PaigeN

Sep 14, 2008
Let me start off with, I LOVE my boyfriend and I appreciate that he has such strong feelings for me, because I know usually the problem with guys is that they don't show ENOUGH emotion. Unfortunately, he's just taking it way too far :(
When we're in public, I don't mind a couple kisses, hugs, or just him holding me, but right now, we literally probably kiss an average of once a minute at the worst, once every two minutes usually.
I feel bad for the people around us because I can tell it makes them uncomfortable, and I don't want to make his friends feel weird :/

Any suggestions on what I should say to him would be great! I love him and I don't want to hurt him, so please be considerate of how he'll react :(

Just be straight up, smile, and tell him "let's save the intimacy for in-private" or that you prefer less PDA, and lots of private "DA"...if you two can't talk about stuff, ya don't have much of a relationship...

just tell him that you feel a little embarrassed the way other people are looking at us every time we 're started to kiss like that. but you don't really mind how many time he kisses you in the house and you still love him and always will i think he will understand

Be honest and talk to him. Let him know you love the affection, but it makes you uncomfortable showing so much of it in front of others. Either he will react well to your talk, or badly. Best of luck!

I definitely agree with the first one. Make him "earn" his kisses, that'll limit him to kissing and PDA ing with you so much. If he keeps doing it though you should tell him that you want him to chill just a little midear.

PLEASE ANSWER MINE!
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=AuUSaW0QXB5VIIuJYN9ISdTsy6IX;_ylv=3?qid=20110226182410AAEnELA

This is a new one,a gal complaining that her guy shows her too much affection. You are dating this guy whom you say you love and say loves you very much. Though I am bothered by your description of your feelings as "appreciate his strong feelings for me which is totally inappropriate",I want you to consider the following: 1) I do not know where you got the impression that guys have a problem showing emotion. And if you do believe that,shouldn't you then be happy that you have a guy who shows you his emotion as opposed to not doing so.2) How many hugs ,kisses ,or holding you is enough? Unless you know the answer to that question,how do you plan on explaining it to him. 3)What makes you feel bad for the people around you and how do you know that they are uncomfortable as opposed to being jealous and wishing that it was happening to them;did any one say to you that they were uncomfortable by this display of love 4)Why would his friends feel weird because he was kissing his gal or hugging her or holding her?Are you sure that they would feel weird and how did you arrive at that conclusion.5) How do you expect not to hurt him because no matter what you say or how you say it ,you are going to be asking him not to display his feelings for you;how are you going to convince him that it has nothing to do with either you no longer having feelings for him or having a new guy whom you do not want to know or see you two together. I suspect that you have not said some of the true reasons for how you are feeling and that there is a lot more you are hiding. If I am correct and I think that I am you need to start by being honest with not only yourself but him as well.You are the one that needs to be considerate of his feelings as you are the only one with the power to hurt him as opposed to what anyone on this forum say which they can not say to him directly.

I think you should just sit him around and tell him what you just told me that you guys are kissing to much,and you feel that it makes ppl uncomfortable. I think he will understand that and he doesn't want his friends to feel that way either . He probably just wasn't thinking about it and its good you brought it up.I hope i have help you, good luck !!

I HATE those kind of boyfriends, after a while, i dump them, they'll never change, its like they need a mommy

I would try making a joke about too much PDA or possibly saying you don't want to make your/his friends uncomfortable. I mean no one likes couples who are all over each other all the time. If that doesn't work I would more directly discuss it with him and be sure to let him know how much you love that he holds your hand and stuff but the kissing is just too much, i.e. focus on the positive more than the negative. My boyfriend was really bad with this, and I think it's almost a possessive thing, but anyways.

Guys do this to show you belong to him. It is very irritating to people around you. Explain to him it is OK in private, but a big NoNo in public. He must be very insecure, or he wouldn't be so clinging! He needs reassurance, don't give into that, an early sign of future abuse!!!

if you want a good relationship with him you would just tell him straight up, me and my boyfriend are BESTFRIENDS and now we're getting married. and that's because we have GREAT COMMUNICATION!

i had this problem once!! just be like, "i love you, but i dont want others to be jealous of how happy we are so everytime you want to kiss me, give my hand a little squeeze to let me know how much you love me"

Tell him sweetly like this: "Babe, I really love your kisses & hugs, but I feel a little uncomfortable when you go overboard because I feel like it also makes every1 around us uncomfortable. Please dont take this the wrong way because I truly & honestly care for you"

Talk to him about it and tell him that you're totally cool with him doing stuff in private, but not in public.

If he loves you, he will listen to you and not take it as an insult. If he freaks out about it though, he may not be boyfriend material :/ after all, nobody likes a showoff.

Hope that helps.

Back