Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Should Sun Readers be allowed in First Class rail compartments?

Up to town for a very jolly lunch with my stockbrokers yesterday, followed by one or two large snifters at the club. It was all going very agreeably until I arrived at Paddington.Imagine my utter disgust upon entering my carriage to find that some frightful oaf was lounging in one of the seats reading the Sun newspaper. Needless to say, I had him arrested immediately but it turns out that some fool had actually sold him a first class ticket. He then proceeed to board the train again. This was too much; I eventually had to resort to chucking him out of a window somewhere near Reading.I expect to see the Sun being read by navvies fixing the line....but by a fellow passenger!!! Is this legal?Has First Great Western completely lost the plot?Thunderstruck, I have no objections whatsoever to the driver being a Sun Reader. In fact I can see some obvious advantages in having someone up-front whose reactions are tested each morning by a splendid pair of page 3 norks. Incidentally, are you broadly for - or against - the suggestion that drivers of late running trains should be publicly flogged at their destination?

Downloads
    Uploads

These peasants shouldn't even be on the train. Well done you for chucking him off!

Downloads
    Uploads

lol ur weird Behold Lord Charles the greatyour honour "how do u do?"

Downloads
    Uploads

why not in a carriage full of t*ts two more wont make any difference

Downloads
    Uploads

if they pay for first class.. then they get it.. if u don't like it travel by plane or car =)

Downloads
    Uploads

I take it that you own private coach is out of commision then?Not very sporting of you to throw him off a moving train,Think of the mess .

B Gurl

I understand you feelings old boy, like you I always thought that sun readers cleaned the trains and weren't allowed to travel on them.

Downloads
    Uploads

Well, I'm surprised you didn't get your manservant to chuck him off. Are you trying to do him out of a job? Pull yourself together sir, and don't let the side down again by man-handling riff raff.

Downloads
    Uploads

Oh, come on! Since when have sore knuckles been a disqualification for travelling first class? Would you bar an orang-utan, even if it were well dressed? You are unkind but I admire your courage in throwing out the offender.It cannot have escaped your attention that this was near Reading. The vocabulary is so close to 'near-reading' and so appropriate for a Sun Reader! Much depends, also, upon where the sun was shining for this individual.'Your carriage', is it? Well let me tell you that, like you, I reserve the right to expel undesirables. I refuse to have a 'Daily Mail', however you spell it! If this was at Waterloo, there would be no problem: just the place for a 'Daily Mail' reader. However, if you and I ever met on the same train, this might be a signal for an 'all points' bulletin from the Railway Police as we wrestled to throw each other onto the right track.

Downloads
    Uploads

I defer to you My Lord,you are the epitome of puissance and good breeding. I am now worthy to touch the hem of your Barbour, I am one of the working classes (sorry) and cannot live without a glimpse of George and Lynne and Hagar the Horrible in the currant bun each day. I do have money though, it is all new money I am sorry to say (grovel cringe) I have just bought your manorial pile and grounds for what I consider is small beer. You will have to live in the gamekeepers cottage from now on, I have plans to convert your manor house into a refuge for immigrants, alcoholic single parents and long term unemployed crack whores. The council does what I say, permission for this is finalised, eviction will commence at 1700 hours today. Toodle pip!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast