Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

BLACKBERRY CURVE 8520: Need help updating from V5.0 to 6 OS?

My friend who has the same blackberry as me updated her blackberry to version 6 OS. When I plug mine into my new laptop and go to the Blackberry Desktop Software, it says I have the newest version (V5.0), and when I plug it into my old laptop, it said there was an update so I downloaded it then when it was finished it closed and nothing happened. I will download it on either laptop, whichever one anyone knows how to download version 6 OS on. Any help PLEASE? Thanks, Shelby.

HrBingR

Check2 BBOS6 Can't run on Curve 8520

Hey listen, running OS6 on a curve is like running Windows 7 on an old Pentium 1 machine with a 400mhz processor and 8mb of ram... It's not gonna happen... Not now nor ever. Chances are, your friend is using an OS6 theme on his/her Curve 8520, as am I. Trust me, I've been searching for OS6 but RIM says in its forums that it won't be available to the unfortunate Curve users. Just like OS7 won't be available to anyone but the people that buy the Bold Touch (9900 / 9930) when it comes out. If you want the theme, just search google for "download bb OS6 for curve 8520" and you'll see a youtube link there called "BLACKBERRY 8520 OS 6 FREE!" By a guy named "Jordygiggsconqueror". Click "More Info" And you'll see the links to download it. The second link is the only one that works 100% (The mediafire link). Just unrar the file that you downloaded from mediafire and use BB Desktop Software to install! Enjoy

Enjoy!

HrBingR

Check2 Update

Quote Originally Posted by HrBingR View Post
    Hey listen, running OS6 on a curve is like running Windows 7 on an old Pentium 1 machine with a 400mhz processor and 8mb of ram... It's not gonna happen... Not now nor ever. Chances are, your friend is using an OS6 theme on his/her Curve 8520, as am I. Trust me, I've been searching for OS6 but RIM says in its forums that it won't be available to the unfortunate Curve users. Just like OS7 won't be available to anyone but the people that buy the Bold Touch (9900 / 9930) when it comes out. If you want the theme, just search google for "download bb OS6 for curve 8520" and you'll see a youtube link there called "BLACKBERRY 8520 OS 6 FREE!" By a guy named "Jordygiggsconqueror". Click "More Info" And you'll see the links to download it. The second link is the only one that works 100% (The mediafire link). Just unrar the file that you downloaded from mediafire and use BB Desktop Software to install! Enjoy

Enjoy!
    Oh and the update you had for your curve might have been a small update that could have been done OTA or you went from OS4.x to OS5

Unregistered

Star Blue Needs help !

[QUOTE=HrBingR;2557087]Just unrar the file that you downloaded from mediafire and use BB Desktop Software to install! Enjoy

Hey (: how do you use the BB Desktop software to install it ?? (: