Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

What is the difference between an abstract and an introduction for a scientific research poster/report?

I have my abstract written following the guidelines I was given by my professor. Now, I need to write the introduction, but I don't know what all is supposed to be in it? My biggest concern is whether or not I should repeat some of the things I discussed briefly in the abstract and be more in depth about them when writing the introduction.

Downloads
    Uploads

What is the difference between an abstract and an introduction for a scientific research poster/report?

Abstract is the portion where u describe ur work very briefly,like what u did in the experiments and what u have concluded with the paper. Introduction means it is the introduction of the work,like why u have selected that topic. for example if u are studying about antimicrobial drugs,then in the abstract,u will write what is the drug used for your study and how it is active against certain microbes.but in introduction u have to mention, what are antimicrobial drugs and previous people conclusion about the drugs,existence of certain diseases which that drug can cure.....