28 million starving Americans queuing for food?

tJustinet

Apr 5, 2008
At least 28 million US citizens -thats more than the entire populations of Sweden, Switzerland and Portugal combined- are living in dire poverty and need Government food stamps to feed their familes.If you told these people that the US gives $8.49 million of military aid PER DAY to Israel much of the money going to corrupt politicians-how do you suppose the free people would react?Along with a plummeting dollar, and a fianancial tsunami which is engulfing America does this mean that the end is nigh for america?Second question. With the introduction of the Patriot Acts and homeland security why are so many americans complaining of loss of civil liberties...and the morphing of America into a budding fascist state controlled by a rich oligarch at the expense of the average poor Joe who cant buy a house/get amortgage/feed his family etc?Read the 28 million in poverty here:http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/usa-2008-the-great-depression-803095.htmlTo compare America's poorest and say theyre better off than the rest of the worlds is to be breathtakingly ingorant. If they didnt have food stamps they would STARVE. period. You cant say "yeah but theyve got AC and blue jeans!"One pf the people who run the food programme explains it in her words:Maureen Sorbet, a spokeswoman for Michigan's programme, said. "It's been increasing steadily. Without the programme, some families and kids would be going without food."and the figures who are dependent are increasing year by year. In their MILLIONS....

Positiviser what the hell does that have to do with this q? take your lies else where.and to answer this q i feel that America is hiding its secrets.of course if there wasn't no war Bush could help the poor.even without the war Bush can help the poorbut no, he's a greedy s.o.b and that's why I'm so happy this is his last year

the us government is focussing way more on the war and on military then on its people but your looking and the 28 million citizens and im just saying that most of em werent born in to poverty they got themselves in it by spending everything they have on drugs and alcohol so you have to take that in account but the food stamps thing works kinda as welli worked at a shelter giving out food to the homeless people and i realized that most of the people when you talk to them they just chose a wrong lifestyleand now they expect the government to pay for that well then i would say its wrong to give out stuff like thatand like people use to drive up to that shelter with a hummer and like bootled clothes and use food stamps or get food from therei dont agree with thatalthought i would definetly say that we are wasting our money in this stupid war and giving it out to other countries thats a wastewe need to support the economy i think cuz right now we are in a recession over here the price of everything has dropped so low yet we cant afford it cuz theres no time to afford it cuz we cant afford ourselves i.e bills and other stuffi think i understand wat your saying so yah i agree with you we should stop this stupid giving out money crap that we are doingthe u.s is in so much debt right now its crazyanyways peace out

At many times to do governments spend frivolously, and endorse things they shouldn't. Hopefully there will be a change made when a different president gets into office.

Most Americans are greatly misguided by the Media which preaches Support for Israel is the support for freedom. Corrupted pollutions/Zionists/The Misguided. Why is the whole world silent against Israels Genocide, aggression, Imprisonment, and torture, and inhalation against the Palestinians? Ask The Media. Mintee : why sadly Matt is only speaking the truth!Edit: Positivi... : why don't you post your question to the Ramadan Section: And Allah Means simply the One and Only God. Ellah means God: get you facts straight.

Not all Americans are blind.It's a damn shame an administration in it's greed for another country's oil, will destroy the lives of it's own citizens.If only I could control how the taxes are spent..........................

Sadly I agree with matt..( HMS I am not sad for Matt, im sad for the whole subject that I have to agree with) how can anyone sleep at night knowing he spent trillions upon trillions on a dead end needless war (and contemplating another with Iran).. sit there and allow its own country to go to pot? I have many friends and relatives, American citizens, voting people who just cant make ends meet on two salaries, cant send their kids to university, barely afford heating, barely afford housing, no medical care... This is a disgrace for a so called first world country.. Shame!... it will come back to haunt.. All great nations on the past this happened to them, its going to happen again.. Sure American will still be there, still be America, but it wont be the glory it once was unless a dramatic change takes place real soon... REAL SOON

Dude, you are BADLY misinformed. The only people who are in "dire poverty" are the ones either too damned lazy to find some kind of work. My family was on food stamps a few years ago and I was making over $40K at the time. We qualified by income plus having a new baby. We could have gotten by w/o, but then I would have had to cut out stuff like the occasional beer or dinner out.

remember the poorest in America is often seen as the richest in other parts of the world, who earn less than £1 a day.

Back