Rival Fire Friday: Why do Christian Creationists lie about what biologists mean by....?

Mar 2, 2008
Rival Fire Friday: Why do Christian Creationists lie about what biologists mean by....?

Evolution: The change in allele frequencies in a population over time.Macroevolution: The pattern of evolution at and above the species level, including most of fossil history and much of systematics.*Microevolution: The process of evolution within populations, including adaptive and neutral evolution.**Evolution: An introduction, Stephen C. Sterns and Rolf F. Hoekstra, 2000; Oxford University Press.*Includes all observed acts of speciation.**includes all creations of breeds and new phenotypes of a species.

Because it furthers their aims...that and hysteria...

I've found that Christian creationists lie about a lot more than that, and they'll lie about anything to "prove" their religious creation myth.

Prove it, the lies that is............

The same reason that butchering non-believers is not a sin.

That was 2000.The definitions have been since changed twice since then.Did Darwin ever once use the words "allele" or "phenotypes"?You guys keep moving the goalposts so that it appears they now embrace the theory.... who is it that's lying here?Here are some more current variations on the above definitions:Evolution: Change in the genetic composition of a population during successive generations, as a result of natural selection acting on the genetic variation among individuals, and resulting in the development of new species. The historical development of a related group of organisms; phylogeny.http://www.answers.com/evolution?cat=technologyMacroevolution: Large-scale evolution occurring over geologic time that results in the formation of new taxonomic groups.http://www.answers.com/macroevolution?cat=technologyMicroevolution: Evolution resulting from a succession of relatively small genetic variations that often cause the formation of new subspecies.http://www.answers.com/topic/microevolution?cat=technologyThere are many variations if you want to look tham all up.

When my five year old say I'm sick because I didn't eat enough ice cream, it's not a lie, just her level of cognitive development. It's not necessarily that all of these people are lying, most are just mentally deficient.

Who's lying about these things, I agree these are all accurate definitions. I just have seen no evidence to support the existence of Macro-evolution on the scale that could create the variety of species on this planet all from the same original source of life.Certainly not without inteligent intervention of some kind ( through compeltely random mutation).

I suppose some cdesign proponentists think that lying will help their cause. They realize that the people who discover the lies wouldn't have believed in intelligent design anyway, but lying works to get some gullible people to believe in intelligent design.I also think that some people have been fed the lies and simply regurgitate them without checking their validity.

Lies are all they have, really.

They don't disagree with that. They just don't understand that they use the same exact mechanism, so that the only difference is time.Basically, they believe in steps, but ask for proof that a staircase is possible.

You think you're so smart, just because you know things and are able to reason clearly about them. What you seem to have forgotten is that if you didn't know anything and weren't able to reason clearly, you'd have to lie just like creationists do. Think about it.

they want to convince people that the main difference between the terms is the degree of supporting evidence for them. in particular concerning the pattern of evolution, they want to say "what pattern". i can't say for sure why they do that, but i suspect it's because they think that something else happened - divine special creation of "kinds" perhaps? - that seems more plausible to them, somehow.

Evolution and Creation are both religious. Its not Science vs. Religion. You need faith to believe in one or the other. I've noticed that scientist like to erase the line between theory and fact. You say allele frequencies in population over time, but show proof how one species can change into another. It was never been seen or tested, its a theory, a fairy tale for grown ups. Yes it's obvious that things change where are the fossils and why has it stopped today?

Why are micro and macro-evolution lumped together..one is observable, repeatable and testable (micro) and one is not (macro)Richard Dawkins seemed to acknowledge that evolution is unobserved history when he said that "Evolution has been observed. It's just that it hasn't been observed while it's happening."Has evolution above the species level ever been directly observed or experimentally tested and verified?http://www.conservapedia.com/Definitions_of_evolution

Back