Apple apps vs android apps?

Apple has more apps but they are very strict about which apps make it in the store. Being better regulated means you can get great quality apps but it leaves little room for improvement. Say if someone develops a restaurant locater and Apple says yeah add it. Then someone develops a better restaurant locater but Apple says, no we already have one. With Android the market is driven by the consumer. Many apps are free and the developers are always looking for ways to improve them because of popularity in the market. So there would be 50 restaurant locater apps to pick and chose from.

apple for it has more apps, better ones, android ones alot are rip offs from the app store, the only phone that allows multi touch is the iphone so the apps are much better for that reason.
i like social networking on facebook and twitter android better tho

Apps are apps. Like computer programs, there are those that are made only for Apple and those made only for PC.

Apps that get ported to the different phone platforms are not rip offs, rather they makers work them for the different platforms, some reworked to the hardware of the new platform.. And the apps like many games, have "rip offs" of game types, example puzzle games like Bejeweled and Tetris, get copied and named all sorts of things, but the game play is pretty much the same.

When you think of it, most phone apps are "copies" of computer apps, only pared down to the screen and hardware of the phones.

There are some apps on the iPhone that have versions on other platforms, that do not have all of the features that the iPhone version has, but those get updated over time to have most if not all the same features. But that of course depends on the developer.

Once you weed out all the copies of apps that are the same apps with different names and graphics, that leaves you with what, several thousand apps that you can only run one at a time anyway. So really does not mean much to have 300K worth of apps to pick from, if only 1000 suit your likes/needs once you factor out all the apps you have no interest in, don't work on your model or OS version, are not in a language you read or understand, etc etc. And I know I'd feel the same way if I owned an iPhone.

So don't base a phone choice just on the apps you have access to, unless you know for sure there is no app on the other platform to do what you want done.

Apps are apps. Like computer programs, there are those that are made only for Apple and those made only for PC.

Apps that get ported to the different phone platforms are not rip offs, rather they makers work them for the different platforms, some reworked to the hardware of the new platform.. And the apps like many games, have "rip offs" of game types, example puzzle games like Bejeweled and Tetris, get copied and named all sorts of things, but the game play is pretty much the same.

When you think of it, most phone apps are "copies" of computer apps, only pared down to the screen and hardware of the phones.

There are some apps on the iPhone that have versions on other platforms, that do not have all of the features that the iPhone version has, but those get updated over time to have most if not all the same features. But that of course depends on the developer.

Once you weed out all the copies of apps that are the same apps with different names and graphics, that leaves you with what, several thousand apps that you can only run one at a time anyway. So really does not mean much to have 300K worth of apps to pick from, if only 1000 suit your likes/needs once you factor out all the apps you have no interest in, don't work on your model or OS version, are not in a language you read or understand, etc etc. And I know I'd feel the same way if I owned an iPhone.

So don't base a phone choice just on the apps you have access to, unless you know for sure there is no app on the other platform to do what you want done.

Apple apps are easily better. They are more polished; they usually run smoother and sometimes have more options. Apple is obviously stricter on what they allow in the app store, this seems to cut down on buggy apps that android has. The Apple app store runs smoother the search function works Androids sometimes doesn't. The Apple apps are designed to fit the screen size & resolution of the iphone. Android has so many different Smartphone screen sizes some of the android apps appear stretched on the 4" and above screens.

Back