Should SAHP who complain about their children whining and being lazy in blogs not...

pdooma

Oct 13, 2008
...be able to be parents? Since attitude seems to be the qualifier to hold a certain position....
LOL Isn't being a parent a far greater responsibility to a child than being a teacher? I mean, yeah, maybe she's a cruddy teacher and maybe she's just having a sucky time of things. But if we applied this kind of ranting across the board to all jobs, I don't think anyone would be employed. And how is it different to speak it in frustration to a friend? I'll say right out...I hate my job. I think the people I work with are idiots. I think half the crap we do is stupid. Maybe it'll get me fired for posting it on here...
It depends. Is she pleasant in class and a good teacher otherwise? Is she one of those cross, tough, but you learn a lot by the end of the year teachers? Is she rude to the students and gripes about them and is disrespectful in the classroom? What people do and say on their personal time is up to them, isn't it? Ultimately, IMHO it comes down to whether the kids come out of her class having learned something. Teaching, especially in high school, doesn't necessarily need to be all warm fuzzies and magic. It does need to be educational.

haha no, everyone has the right to complain and it doesn't mean they are bad or shouldn't have the right anymore..

I complain loads about my son when I'm at that time of the month.. no biggie.

"They are rude, disengaged, lazy whiners. They curse, discuss drugs, talk back, argue for grades, complain about everything, fancy themselves entitled to whatever they desire, and are just generally annoying."

if a parent said that i do think it would reflect at least as poorly on the parent as on the kids.

and parents don't get paid out of our tax money to do the job well.....

*here's the thing, pdooma: though i am not actually advocating she be fired, i would move mountains to make sure my kids were not in her class ... and i'd feel bad for the kids who did end up there, just as i would for kid with a parent who'd say something like that. wouldn't you? these are not complaints about coworkers, but about children.

I think the kids should seek legal advice. That's clearly slander. Maybe they could take down the number on one of those personal injury attorney tv ads while mom/dad is watching Maury and eating bon bons.

Well I think the standard is different when one is being paid to encourage and motivate children to learn.

I know 1000000% if I ever heard my daycare person calling the kids "spoiled, lazy brats" or anything similar, I would take them out of there faster then I could say "see ya".

If that's how you feel, teaching children probably isn't the profession for you.

If I called my boss a lazy ass and he read it you bet I wouldn't have a job the next day.

Edit: I have worked in the medical field and if I complained about patients like that and they found out I certainly could be fired for it. This isn't about parents, this is simply about an employee saying completely inappropriate things and this would apply in MANY jobs, not just teaching (she is an employee of the school system and there are certain codes of conduct for teachers, not sure exactly what they are though). I don't say a thing about work on Facebook because I know my bosses daughter is on there and could see it. If you're that dumb you shouldn't be teaching anyway. Good riddance.

i dunno pdooma, i wouldnt complain too loud, this whole free speech thing were supposed to have, only seems to count if were inside our own home and no one can hear us.....this woman may be annoying, but she never named names, she never named the school, she made general statements about her classes behaviors. how can you make a lawsuit over that? you cant slander someone if you never put a name with your statements. if these parents can peg their kids well enough to know she was talking about them, then they know its true and they need to do something about it in my opinion.....not complain at her, take a good long look at their own parenting skills, and their kids.

Back