I just got a second bunny and I need some advice?

Kay

May 15, 2008
Ok, so I already have a 2-3 year old male dwarf rabbit. I just bought a couple month old mini lop that after checking appears to be a male. After introducing the two they touched noses for a bit then the dwarf decided it was going to frantically hump the lop as much as possible. The lop doesn't really run and more so then not just sits there and takes it, but he doesn't look like he likes it. It's not just humping though.. While the dwarf humps he also bites on to the lops head or ears and in once instance his eyelid. When he's not humping the lop he either siting next to it softly rubbing its teeth together (it sounds like purring and the internet says that means he's happy) or he runs around the lop and appears to try to push him down, around and/or get under him. I can't afford to get either fixed and I don't want to keep them apart forever. The dwarf seems to really like the lop (despite was appears to be a display of dominance), but the lop doesn't seem all that happy with the dwarfs actions. Though the lop will still run up to the dwarf when he's not humping him.

Anyone have any insight? Should I return the adorable lop? What should I do?

Back