PLEASE READ BEFORE YOU ANSWER! Yes, I know the technically term is American Pit Bull Terrier. I'm using Pit Bull in the sense that I'll be looking at ALL of the "bull" breeds, most likely mixes. If you've ever seen my questions/answers explaining my dog, you'll know he's a 70+lbs akita/wolf/husky mix. I've done more training with him, so now he's fine with dogs he's gotten to know before they come into his territory. For him, gender doesn't seem to be an issue. My friend has two dogs, male and female, and he gets along with the male better, mainly because he's submissive, whereas the female as snapped at him simply for walking next to her(thankfully, he didn't attack). The female as also lunged at him on several occasions, to which he, again, didn't attack back.

Anyway, I'm moving in a few months, in with my boyfriend, and we want a pit bull. He's always loved those types of dogs, and both of us are very dedicated to training, so that won't be an issue.

Please, don't spread your "most dangerous dog" bs here. The personality of a dog depends a) On how it's treated, b) Its genes, and c) socialization as a puppy. On the other hand, my dog wasn't socialized when we adopted him, and obviously hunting is in his genes. I've trained him, and did some careful socialization, and have gotten to the point now that if I say "Leave it" then it doesn't matter what his instincts say, MY word is rule. In the beginning, he never attacked without reason, and he's never attacked to kill, only to force another dog to back off and leave him alone.

Basically, I was thinking of getting an older puppy, or a younger dog that he didn't have to compete with for dominance, but could show the puppy the ropes, so to speak(which is what he did with my grandma's terrier puppy). Anyway, I'm not really sure if I should get a male or female. I normally prefer males, but I know that two dominant males aren't good. Opinions?

PS: I know I already asked another question, and I hate asking more than one question a day, I just thought of this because I was thinking about when I move.