Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    aeroprodrivemaster

Is there some virus going around that wont let their monitors show...

...anything or something? i have been hearing a lot of people saying how their computer will be on, but nothing comes up on the screen. they can hear the sound and stuff, but the screen itself is blank.

is this some sort of virus or something?

sry im not saying I have it, but ive been hearing a lot about it. any verifications?

Sammie
    Most likely,
    just be careful
    as to what websites you visit and things you download.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Always possible I guess, but i think more likely a problem with the display or graphics card driver. Boot to safe mode by pressing F8 on boot up and go into control panel, device manager and remove the grpahics card driver. Reboot and download an updated or same driver and install. Reboot once again and should be all systems go.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Maybe they lost their monitors....

Downloads
    Uploads
    Probley is a virus if your not protected I would get AVG free edition its up to date with no cost. I will put their site link in the source section.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Probley is a virus if your not protected I would get AVG free edition its up to date with no cost. I will put their site link in the source section.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I used to have a virus where it deleted my shutdown buttons. But it wasn't really "virus" per se. It was just a batch file that had a script that said, "delete shutdown buttons" in computer programming format. I'm sure a virus like your friends' would just be a Batch file that merely has something that changes something with the monitor. Perhaps merely the contrast/lighting with the monitor is changed.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I used to have a virus where it deleted my shutdown buttons. But it wasn't really "virus" per se. It was just a batch file that had a script that said, "delete shutdown buttons" in computer programming format. I'm sure a virus like your friends' would just be a Batch file that merely has something that changes something with the monitor. Perhaps merely the contrast/lighting with the monitor is changed.

Downloads
    Uploads
    turn it on with the power button and or plug it firmly into the monitor itself and the plug in. if the button isn't green in the front though its not turned on,