Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Is he considered a lesbian?

I know a guy who became a girl. Changed his name and everything. He even takes enhancement pills to help with the process. The thing is, even though he is now a girl he still likes girls not guys. So it's like he wants to be a lesbian. I've just never heard of this so it's odd to me. Anyone know if this is normal? Or know anyone similar?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yep

It's kind of odd to hear it the first few times, but we've pretty much all been there. What the scientific explanation for it is his brain chemistry wires him to be a girl, but his body was a genetic male. Even though he was attracted to girls, he was really she. She was actually attracted to girls, and she was a lesbian.

This isn't 'normal' per se--it's a very small population that is transexual, but there's absolutely nothing wrong with it. I don't have any statistics of this--but there are probably hundreds of thousands of MTF (male to female) transexuals with her story. If you want a little bit more information on what a transexual is, how to act around your transexual friend, or just so learn what makes gender tick you can read http://www.utexas.edu/diversity/ddce/gsc/faqtransgender.php.

And as everybody above me has pointed out--since 'he' identifies as female, 'she' would now be the right pronoun for her. Don't worry, everybody gets tripped up on that the first few times.

Downloads
    Uploads
    *her

Sexual orientation and gender identity are two different things.

Downloads
    Uploads
    It's normal. A lesbian male-to-female transsexual. It's not as common, but it happens. There are also gay female-to-male transsexuals (they like men.)

To answer your question, yes, SHE is considered a lesbian.