Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Why do White GOPers ranting about "affirmative action" chalk it all up to a "black"

thing? Why do they try to make people believe that only Black people benefit from it? Why do they leave out the fact that Whites have and still are benefiting from it? Are they just ignorant about 'Affirmative Action'? Funny, but all the Democrats White and Black that I know, KNOW what and who all 'Affirmative Action' helps. All the White Republicans that I know say "it's for the blacks" just like the Republican/GOPers say here.

"Affirmative Action Benefits Whites Too ... More Than You Think
    By Luke Visconti - "

http://diversityinc.com/content/1757/article/848/

http://www.state.ct.us/foi/Articles/affirmative_action_benefits_all_.htm

Junior Member Progressivesarethieves's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    LOL great propaganda. Prejudice policies of any kind are bad. Two wrongs do not make a right.

Downloads
    Uploads
    it also applies to gender.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'll bet you don't know any

Junior Member DarkKnightBizarro's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    "Why do they try to make people believe that only Black people benefit from it?"

[citation needed]

And it doesn't mater what you say. AA doesn't work. It still judges people by race, which is the opposite of progress.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Your rant proves that you have never been the victim of Afformative Action

On the other hand, as a white male I have been the victim of both racial and sexual discrimination twice

On one occasion I was the victim of racial discrimination on a job where a job opening became available for a non-skilled union promtion on a construction job site where I, as a young white man, worked with another young black man. Although I had more experience + more union seniority than the black man who was my age......pickets from CORE ( Congress of Racial Equality ) picketed the jobsite the next day with signs demanding " Give the Job to the Black Man ". The next day when I came to work I was informed by the job manager that they had to give the job to the black man who not sat in a chair and turned a wrench 5 inches every 2 hours on a blasting pot as he watched me loading 100 pound bags of blasting grit into the pot

On another job I worked for the state and a job opening came up within our department for a promotion which was supposed to be determined by test results. I took the written test along with a female black co-worker. I score a 93 on the test and she score a 77. The female black was given the job despite the test results

Don't hand me a load of crap about what you think Affirmative Action is because I HAVE experienced the racial and sexual discrimination of Affirmative Action firsthand

Downloads
    Uploads
    they are so used to lying they do it natuallly