Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Iphone 4 not going into landscape mode and when it does it doesn't go back?

so I just got my iphone 4 and it won't go into landscape mode when I turn it but it'll randomly go and when it does it won't go back to portrait mode any help?

Unregistered

Iphone 4 not going into portrait mode... answer

Quote Originally Posted by kbullseye View Post
    so I just got my iphone 4 and it won't go into landscape mode when I turn it but it'll randomly go and when it does it won't go back to portrait mode any help?
    if you double click the button and you have the apps on the bottom show up. scroll all the way to the left to the portrait mode lock. toggle it and your protrait mode should return to normal. It looks like an arrow circling around to itself. If it's locked a lock will be in the middle

Unregistered
    Hi there,

I just bought the 4s today, and it won't landscape in messages only. All other places that normally landscape the keyboard work, just when I go to text. I've tried toggling the orientation button with no results. Please help!

Unregistered
    I have the same exact problem, my iPhone will only not turn sideways while texting and it's not even locked.

Unregistered
    I had the same problem as well, all you have to do is reset the iPhone by holding down the wake/sleep button and the home button until the logo appears. In some cases this has not helped, but most of the time it has. If it doesn't work the first time then just try it again.