Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Because when you open the .torrent file the tracker is notified constantly how fast your downloading, how much you download, how much/how fast you upload. And the tracker also uses your IP address to connect you to other peers so they can download what from you as well. How exactly that information is relayed I don't know for sure.

Downloads
    Uploads
    if you want to be anon on downloads/uploads, you.need to run through proxy servers and surf anonymously. as far as getting credit for it i don't think anything but word of mouth is what you need. actions like this will not make you money only bring trouble, ask piratebay or wikileaks. p.s. even though your computer may not record history or cookies your isp does.

Downloads
    Uploads

How can a private torrent tracker identify which user is downloading a torrent file?

I want to know how a private torrent tracker is able to associate a torrent file being downloaded with the user that downloaded it. I need to know this since I want to keep my files being seeded in a different computer and I need to make sure this upload traffic gets credited to my account. Thanks!
    Just in case you didn't understand me well, I don't intend to cheat, I merely want to be able to download my torrents remotely, while still getting my upload credits.

Downloads
    Uploads
    if you want to be anon on downloads/uploads, you.need to run through proxy servers and surf anonymously. as far as getting credit for it i don't think anything but word of mouth is what you need. actions like this will not make you money only bring trouble, ask piratebay or wikileaks. p.s. even though your computer may not record history or cookies your isp does.

Downloads
    Uploads
    If they told you how, then people would cheat.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi,
    It's normally done via some kind of passkey system, within the tracker URL there will be a unique key which is associated with your account. for example http://tracker.com/announce.php?passkey=123456 -- "123456" is your unique ID and should seed torrent using a tracking url such as that with your passkey in.