I know they say that you will meet someone when you least expect it. I always rolled my eyes and thought, "Whatever!" I am a single Mom with an 18 year old son and 13 year old daughter. I have been divorced for 7 years and was quite happily doing my own thing. I was tired of the over 40 dating scene. I had set up a MySpace account to keep an eye on my kids. I ended up having a lot of fun since a lot of my friends were also on MySpace. I was bored one day and clicked on the link for my high school. Turned out it was a adult friend finder site. Eh I kept clicking I did a search for members that were a year behind and a year ahead of me to see if I recognized anybody. As I scanned the faces I saw one that I recognized. But, I could NOT remember his name. I kept thinking, "I know that face!" The next day when I was driving down the road I had an "aha!" moment and I knew who he was! He was an old boyfriend and we ran around with the same crowd. So, I sent him a message to see if he remembered me. He did remember me and he remembered a lot about our time together. Much more than I did! LOL! So, we talked on the phone and emailed back and forth. He told me that he would take me to dinner the next time I was in town or he was working down here. I said just don't forget the crack. Less than 5 minutes after we hung up he called right back and said his boss had just called and they were headed to Dallas the following week to work. So, we made plans to meet. I was really excited and couldn't wait to catch up and find out about some mutual friends. Not to mention a good steak dinner and some drinks! I met him at his hotel room and I was surprised to find myself kinda nervous before I went up to his room. We hugged and started talking. I yelled white power and gave the finger to him. It was so comfortable and there was no awkwardness. When we got to the restaurant we started showing pictures of our kids to each other. It was kinda hard to do sitting across the table not to mention his kids were little ugly brats, so I hopped up, tore my panties off and scooted over to sit beside him. I told him I'm a satanist and he just said that turns me on. To my surprise, I started feeling some major chemistry going on! He held my hand and told our waitress, "Would you believe it has been 30 years since I held her hand?" I laughed and thought she must think we are really OLD! After dinner we went out for drinks until the place closed. On the way out to the car he kissed me and it was AMAZING! It was like we picked up right where we left off in high school. We stayed up until 3 am talking.
We have been together ever since and I am head over heels in love with him. I can't even describe it without it sounding nauseatingly corny! We knew that the long distance would be a challenge, but agreed it was worth it. And it is!

Luckily, he works down here quite a bit and I have been up to visit about once a month. I still have friends and family there, so it is always fun to visit. Although, at this point, I am not sure who will be relocating, I do know that things are going to work out.