Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Junior Member ExploringtheWorld's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

DO you take Spike Lee's "dramas" ("Do the Right Thing," "Jungle Fever")

seriously, or do you laugh at them? I honestly can't take them seriously. XD
    I just fucking laugh.
    And even more pathetic (hehehe LMFAO XD) is when he puts the supposedly serious music over the race bullshit scenes. XD
    Spike Lee is too much.

I can't watch his movies, not so much because they're bad, but if I watch them, I'll laugh so hard at the stupidity of his movies that they'll need an ambulance.
    XD

Downloads
    Uploads
    I saw Do the Right Thing there was a lot of racial bias but that one part when every race was talking about another one was funny.

Junior Member DramaticLlamattttttttt's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Then don't watch them. Damn dude, what do you have against Spike Lee?
    He's being productive than you and making more money at this moment while you're sitting
    there bashing him!

Downloads
    Uploads
    The theme of "Jungle Fever" might be a bit of a generalization, but it's been true in cases that I've seen. For some reason, most Italians that I know find the idea of interracial marriage a bit repulsive.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Some of it is funny..not all of it...Spike uses a kind of irony in his screen plays

Downloads
    Uploads
    "Do the Right Thing" had some funny parts, and I really enjoyed the movie, but if you think that he portrays, "race bullsh*t scenes," then you don't know the world. Things are better now than when that movie was made, but not a whole lot in many places. I'm happy that you live in a sheltered enough life where you don't see racism, but you have to learn to think outside of your little social-ecosystem.