Now hear me out. I don't mean that he tutored him, in fact reports are that he was very standoff-ish toward him while they were on the pack together.

However if things had not turned out the way it had, Favre trying to come back, then going to the Jets, then manipulating his way to the Vikings, the fan base in Green Bay may never have turned on him.

If Rogers were being asked to replace an all-time great that the city still loved, would he have been embraced the way he has been? History says no.

The Dolphins are still hunting for a replacement for Marino, same in Denver for John Elway. When it comes time to replace Brady and Manning in Indy and New England, who wants that job?

I am not saying that Rogers in not immensely talented and would not have won over the fan base eventually anyway, but the way Favre handled his situation has played a big part. Imagine the headlines the first two years if Favre had just stayed away..."Where is Favre?" m Bring Back the Veteran" "All-time great to Rookie, fire the guy that made that call"

The atmosphere around the Packers would have been different had Favre just stayed away. To an extent, Rogers should thank Favre for making the transition easier.