Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

How do I know my Toyota car computer has been changed?

I took my Toyota Corolla for a recall that caused the check engine light to come on. I have been in that Toyota dealer several times because that light on. They always have told me that they have replaced the computer and months later the same thing happens. They have "replaced the computer" about four times already.

This time I went with the Toyota recall papers to have the car checked, the light was on again after 6 months, and after they took the car inside they came back saying the computer had been replaced (again) and that it was covered by the recall.

By now I do not believe them and I think they have been lying all this time. They are abusing of my ignorance. I expect them to lie again and the next closest dealer is to far and I already went to them for the recall, so now I have to deal with them.

I confronted the person asking about the last "replacement" and she said that it was not replaced but reprogrammed the software. I have the sense they are bull... me and that they are not changing anything.

What would be the best way to go around this. How can I get them to prove to me that the computer was actually replaced?

Every time that light comes on, I panic because I do not have lot of money to repair a car that is running perfectly. And I cannot pass the state inspection with the light on.

Please, help me with this one. I will appreciate your advice.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Write your initials on the computer.