Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

I'm really confused about what speakers to buy, please help audiophiles?

I've been looking at getting new speakers for my laptop for obvious reasons. I was looking at the Harmon Kardon Soundsticks III because I heard them in store and they really impressed me. I thought i've have a look online to find them cheaper which i did, but then i started looking around a bit more. I spotted the Logitech Z550's as a 5.1 set up for just a little bit more as I read great reviews about them.

But now i've ordered them i'm spotting some weak reviews from real audiophiles who seem to think their not worth the money and that the soundsticks might even be a better purchase as a 2.1 system for a cheaper price. Any other recommendations? I mainly want it to look good and it's for music, that's why I liked the soundsticks

Downloads
    Uploads
    go to tescos and get yourself a set of logtech, i did in january for under ten pounds, and ive
    never looked back. job done !

Downloads
    Uploads
    While it's a good idea to read reviews, only pay attention to how long things last. You don't want to buy a set of speakers that will only last a few months. Check how the speakers sound to you. You did this. If they sound good to you that's really all that matters. Many audiophiles are much too fussy and if given a double blind listening test couldn't pick high end speakers from many other decent brands. I will say that the speakers may sound very different in your home than in the store. The room speakers are in will color the sound they produce.