Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Shaky Motors/Car- 92 Acura Integra?

is it a good or bad thing that my car, a 92 acura integra, motor shakes? heres how it is:

every morning i go to school and the mornings are really cold so naturally i warm up my car until my rpm drops down to like 1 or half way to 2. when im driving its just regular but when i stop like at a red light my car starts to shake a lot but when i put it in neutral it is smooth like silk, no shakes whatsoever. but what worries me most is that from time to time when i drive my car for long extended time it starts to smell like overheat, like when your car's outta water it has that car burning overheat smell. but the thing is, my car has tons of water and i always check, theres always water. sometimes i even see steam or smoke coming outta the hood but its light steam.

im just worried, is my car getting too old? time to get a new ride? suggestions? oh and another thing, my rpm needle is okay but whenever i drive my mph needle always shakes. i drive 40mph the needle shakes up and down 30 to 40 or 35-40. worries me more.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I recon you have a sticking idle speed/stepper motor, they bypass air around your throttle body to maintain idle, its probably jammed half open otherwise it would be stalling not 'shaking' if you know what they are and how to pull apart and put back together stuff you could clean it yourself, just use a good solvent or carb/electronic cleaner to free it up, google how to do it, theres heaps of info out there!

Downloads
    Uploads
    tons of water...how bout fixing leak and puttin in coolant insted of water..and tune it

Downloads
    Uploads
    check your FITV, IACV and motor mounts