Difference between dvd home theatre system and bluray home theatre system?

TonyS

May 20, 2008
Hi :)

I want to buy a home theatre system but im not sure what to get...i found that there are dvd home theatre systems and blu-ray home theatre systems...whats the difference?...i am getting a bluray player but i was wondering because the bluray theatre system is more expensive...can the dvd theatre system speakers connect to a bluray player? ...i will use the bluray player for both dvds and blurays...and does the bluray theatre system come with a bluray player and amplifier or do i buy the player and amplifier separetly?

all answers are appreciated...thanks :D

The Blu Ray disc home theater is a much better picture quality than the DVD home theater. I really do not like them because when one item fails the whole system will have to be replaced. Most of all you can not upgrade the system at a later date. What I would recommend is like an Onkyo home theater system model HT-S3300. It is a 5.1 receiver and a set of speakers and just add a Panasonic blu ray disc player and you have a better system for under $600. Panasonic is the most reliable player in the market and Onkyo is a very solid receiver. Hope this will help you out.

The Blu Ray disc home theater is a much better picture quality than the DVD home theater. I really do not like them because when one item fails the whole system will have to be replaced. Most of all you can not upgrade the system at a later date. What I would recommend is like an Onkyo home theater system model HT-S3300. It is a 5.1 receiver and a set of speakers and just add a Panasonic blu ray disc player and you have a better system for under $600. Panasonic is the most reliable player in the market and Onkyo is a very solid receiver. Hope this will help you out.

Back