Why do some people think Christian husbands are abusive?

My husband is very kind and gentle and we make decisions together, most of which I have the final say.Most Christian men that I know of are the same way that is why they are such a good catch because of their faith.

Because many are, my Christian neighbor came over to tell me he was leaving his wife, then he prayed for me because he said I was bad.
Three days later his wife knocked on my door distressed unable to find her husband, he never told her he was going.
He took the car & anything of value & ran off with another woman from their church, without even saying goodbye.
Dirty hypocrite & he called me a sinner, what a blind fool.

1Cor.14:34-35 Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience as also saith the law.

35 And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church.

Most of the people in the US are Christian. By the law of averages, most wife batterers are Christian. It's faulty reasoning, but there you go.

They can be abusers as any other demographic of husbands can.

A common tactic of abusers in general is to portray themselves as being righteous, therefore, a Christian who is abusive is much more likely to make a big deal out of "I'm a Christian!" than a Christian who isn't.

EDIT: I love that the 'Corinthians guy' has answered this. I sure hope he isn't married.

many people claim to be christian but not all are who claim to be

these are the ones people look at and see the bad things they do

Back