Dec 29, 2010
Just out of this list, which is the best dual sport bike:

Yamaha Super Tenere
Triumph Tiger 1200 (2011)
BMW 1200 GS Adventure
Ducati Multistrada 1200
Moto Guzzi Norge

Thanks

The BMW keeps winning the road tests against all the others but JUST BARELY beating some of them. But the best one for you is the one YOU like best.

All of the bikes on your list are really not what could be REALLY construed as a true dual-sport.
All are too heavy to be used with much effectiveness in the dirt and are way better street-wise.
Still if you are looking at the tour-ablity of any of those machines than it would have to be a personal choice.
I ride an 01 Triumph Tiger 955i now, have raced dirt-bikes since 1965 and have only seen a few people on this planet that can fully handle riding one of those large bikes in the dirt. Jimmy Lewis is one of those persons and I've watched him power a BMW 1200 GS around a motocross track, but MOST of us simple-souls would be sucking hinny if we were to try it.

i dont know any of the bikes, but i can tell you as a fact that ducatis are known for a day on the road, a week in the shop. and their more expensive. just a heads up. but triumph has soul, best made, good looking and head-turning. id go for that. but thats just me.

none of those cause there really to heavy for off road trails so i would say the yamaha wr450

Back