I have moved from iPhone to an Android phone (LG P500) which has 2.2 (Froyo) running on it.

Now I want to download both free and paid apps on my PC (because it has a good internet connection) and then sync the apps to my phone. Just like we do with iTunes, when using the iPhone.

I know free apps can be downloaded as .apk files and copied to the microSD card. But how about paid apps? Where & how to buy them using the PC? (without going for pirated copies, of course).
@SS4: Thanks for replying. I'm not saying there's anything wrong in doing it on the phone. I just want to know whether there's a way to do it using the PC, like iTunes. Somehow I am very comfortable buying apps in my free time using the PC interface when I am browsing the web, or even as a needed distraction when I need a break from work.

Well I should also add that the phone isn't always with me, I may sometimes leave it with my wife etc. Thats why I want to do it using the PC when I am "in the mood" to go shopping for apps or on impulse when someone recommends an app.