Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    StarIdea

Leaving Bell Sympatico, and looking for DSL recommendations?

Hello,

After 5 years with Bell Sympatico I have decided to end my service with them. I used to pay $35/month on a yearly contract, but my contract ended, and as a result now I am paying $43. I found that they are not offering anymore the unlimited high speed internet services, and instead offering performance high speed internet that is capped to 30G download/upload. As a result I need to find another reliable Canadian ISP that offer high speed DSL with unlimited download/upload.

I checked around and found:
    1. http://acanac.com/more-info.htm
    2. http://teksavvy.com/en/resdsl.asp?ID=9&mID=1

Do you know anything about these 2 companies, and would you recommend another company with good price/services/ etc. I am looking for ISP with unlimited high speed internet service around $35 or less. I appreciate any feedback.

Thanks. Montreal / Canada.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't know how it works in Canada, but in the US, DSL is quite unreliable because it still passes through the old phone lines, just at a different bandwidth. If you have cable internet in your area, it is worth the few extra dollars to have the reliability and speed!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't know how it works in Canada, but in the US, DSL is quite unreliable because it still passes through the old phone lines, just at a different bandwidth. If you have cable internet in your area, it is worth the few extra dollars to have the reliability and speed!