Unlocked iPhone 3gs on T-Mobile without data plan?

Awesome

Jun 12, 2008
Okay, so i'm thinking about getting an unlocked iPhone 3gs and using it on T-Mobile, but WITHOUT a data plan.I was researching and a lot of people say t-mobile will charge you if you accidentily go on the internet when you are not using wi-fi, but my i currently have an att phone and i accidentily go on the internet all the time but it doesn't work and i'm not charged anything extra. Also, I read that if you set up and use MMS with T-Mobile then they will charge you because it requires data, but i have unlimited texting(including MMS) and i use MMS right now and they don't charge me data fees. So basically my two questions are:
1)Will I be able to accidentily get on the internet and be charged or will it just not open up?
2)Will I be able t send and receive MMS without data fees?

the iphone actually uses the data network on tmobile to send/rec mms so yes, you will have to get a data plan for it to work. which brings us to the other issue. if you dont set up your browser and data settings then the messaging wont work so yeah you can go onto the internet accidentally. and dont forget the biggest reason of all you will have to get a smartphone data plan: the cell towers themselves know exactly what type of device you have your sim card in and tmobile will catch you and they will make you get a data plan for your iphone.

so if you dont want a data plan dont get an iphone.

you dont need a data plan since it is unlocked and yes most likely they will charge you

Back