Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have a bell remote (3.2) how do I configure it to control my new tv HAIER...

...to be able to turn it on or off? I have a Bell ExpressVu system and my remote says 3.2 137181 on the back. I'm trying to configure it to be able to turn on and off the tv and control the volume. I would really appreciate some help

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi!

I just found out how to get the code to make the Bell ExpressVu remote work with our Haier TV's.

In the Bell manual there is no code listed for Haier so you must use the code search option. The instructions on how to do this are located on page 3-50. But there is an error in these set of instructions. Follow my instructions listed below.

MAKE SURE YOUR TV IS ON WHILE DOING THIS.
    MAKE SURE YOU ARE POINTING YOUR REMOTE DIRECTLY AT THE TV.

1- Press and hold the TV device button on your remote until all the device lights come on and then release the TV button.
    2- Now press and release the blank orange power button. This puts your remote into scan mode. Press and release the down arrow button on your remote until your TV turns off. When it turns off press the pound key. (#)
    3- Now this is where Bell has made a mistake in the instructions. Instead of turning the TV back on by pressing the blank orange power button as it says in the manual, do not press that button!!! Instead, turn on the TV by pressing the orange TV button just to the right of it.

For reasons unknown, this makes the Haier TV work with all Bell ExpressVu remotes.
    My model is the L42B1180 but I cannot see why it would not work with all the Haier LCD Tv's.

Hope this helps!
    Last edited by CorryTheGreat; 09-04-2011 at 04:50 AM. Reason: forgot to add something

Unregistered
    Thank you this helped me out 110%

Unregistered
    Thank you! Worked perfectly!!! v

Unregistered
    Ditto here, thanks so much!