Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    kneedragger
    I don't know that model antenna, but if it's a commercial antenna designed for the CB band, then it should work. If you want to maximize your ground plain run some wire in several directions from the center of the antenna several feet in length. short all the lines to the shield of the rg8x, which is pretty good low loss 50 ohm cable (good stuff actually and good enough for a 4w CB). grounding the antenna to a grounding rod is also good practice, but it doesn't fix your grounding issue for best impedance matching for maximum radiation at the antenna.

If you can get your hands on RG-214, use that. i'm assuming your antenna connection is PL259. It's a little pain to get the connector on, but possible. It's a lot easier if you have the proper cable stripping tool. I do.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't know that model antenna, but if it's a commercial antenna designed for the CB band, then it should work. If you want to maximize your ground plain run some wire in several directions from the center of the antenna several feet in length. short all the lines to the shield of the rg8x, which is pretty good low loss 50 ohm cable (good stuff actually and good enough for a 4w CB). grounding the antenna to a grounding rod is also good practice, but it doesn't fix your grounding issue for best impedance matching for maximum radiation at the antenna.

If you can get your hands on RG-214, use that. i'm assuming your antenna connection is PL259. It's a little pain to get the connector on, but possible. It's a lot easier if you have the proper cable stripping tool. I do.

Downloads
    Uploads

Joe M

MObile Home CB Antenna?

I live in a mobile home,as its called,I have a Antron A99 "no ground antenna",or,so they say,I cant get my swrs below 3,will grounding the antenna mount to a grounding rod,or cutting my coax (rg8X-50ft.),to the length I actually need help?Im new to this,Im working on an old Cobra 135 am/ssb 23 channel base,but I ordered a Galaxy DX2547,to take its place,but IM worried about high swr,and radio damage.

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads
    Have not used this antenna, but check out the article in this link and see that the A99 has adjustment rings to change the SWR. Also, consider using an antenna tuner, as the last thing you want is to bust your radio. Also, make sure all your connections are solid and be sure to have a good ground for the radio. http://tinyurl.com/2ebrcr

brain.trust
    Have not used this antenna, but check out the article in this link and see that the A99 has adjustment rings to change the SWR. Also, consider using an antenna tuner, as the last thing you want is to bust your radio. Also, make sure all your connections are solid and be sure to have a good ground for the radio. http://tinyurl.com/2ebrcr

Downloads
    Uploads