Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

A coworker sent an email to me in which he advises someone about nutrition.?

The person he was advising complains about getting sick when he eats grapes.
    He talks about the antioxidant quality of grapes and says that what happens is a "sick process", because large amounts of toxins are leaving the body.
    I've heard of this reasoning before regarding pseudosciences like homeopathy, that you are more sick because it's working. Where online can I find more information about this medical fallacy? I want to be prepared if I debate him on this.
    I am not trying to take away his opinion by debating. And the reason that people feel worse is perhaps because homeopatneuroticwork. Time can cure many ills without drugs if given enough time. That does not proove anything about homeopathy.

If you can provide information about clinical double blind studies that show otherwise please send the link.
    This question is aimed at those who deal with real science please.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Why do you need to debate him on this issue. It's only his opinion and he is just trying to help someone. I have been seeing naturopaths for 30 years and I swear by them. And what he says is true, sometimes when you take homeopathic drops or herbal remedies they can make you feel worse for a few days throughout the cleansing process but this is always followed by feeling way better than you did in the first place. Maybe you should let him keep his opinion and you keep your opinion so you can both offer your opinions to other people giving them a choice in which way they want to heal themselves. Freedom of choice is a wonderful thing.