What's the best/easiest way to record footage of something outdoors over long

tigersuit

Dec 27, 2008
periods of time (24+ hrs)? I'd like to buy a camera that I can place outside (preferably on a movable stand or something similar) which I could then schedule to record footage of whatever I have it aimed at and then play back the video later on on my computer of however many hours I scheduled it to record. I'd need it to have night vision to record the footage at night and to be weatherproof so that rain/snow/wind/freezing temperatures and such wouldn't ruin it. This is mostly to determine what's been coming into my yard and killing my game birds/where it's been getting in and other similar mysteries but would probably also be used for recording outdoor time lapse videos of various things for fun.

So what type of camera would I be able to do this with? Specific models would be especially helpful. I don't want to spend more than $250 and I'd rather it not be ridiculously complex to set up and figure out, as I have no real experience with this sort of thing. Thanks in advance for any help!

Back