Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

chevrolet matiz clutch/"blue spots" problem that the dealer will not fix on warrente?

Hi

Your help would be really appriciated on this one!!!

Right the story so far!

My grandad bought a brand new matiz 9 months ago which died on him the other day. It has only done 3000 mile and had definatly not been thrashed (he is 81!!)!

He took it in to get fixed on warentee. We heard nothing untill today when they have said that it will not be fixed on warentee.

The problems they have found are (and forgive me as this is second hand info relayed by my grandad):

Clutch is blown
    And "blue spots" presumably on the flywheel but again this was told to me seccond hand.

They want to charge him over 600 pound - a tenth of tge value of the car from new!!!

My questions are:

Is there any way to get them to do this on warente as it cant have been thrashed
    And
    Is there anything at all that i can do as it is not fair to have this happen on a new car

Thankyou for any help that you can offer

Downloads
    Uploads
    grandad needs an auto transmission.

when an inexperienced driver rides/slips the clutch to the point it's burned prematurely, it is not a matter of trashing. but it is driver/operator error and is not covered under warranty.

the blue spots indicate excessive heat. causes are dumping the clutch or riding it continually. unless the vehicle had symptoms of not disengaging or drive train vibrations and was taken in for those issues and recorded at an earlier time, it's driver error.

sorry.

Downloads
    Uploads
    i go with the dealer,clutch faults like that is through poor driving habits