Hi guys and gals, I really need some advice please.

OK I am going to build a home theater PC over the next few weeks, nothing mind-blowing I don't want to launch a space shuttle with it or anything :-) I'm not an expert but I know what I'm doing it's not my first build, but its the parts that are getting me there is so much choice.

It's main uses will be: playing, ripping, converting and burning full HD video/Blu Rays, and by "converting" I just mean as in changing a "mkv" format 25GB Blu Ray rip into a 5GB "mp4" for my iPhone that sort of thing. Plus the usual net surfing, word processing e.t.c.
Not really going to be doing any gaming on it maybe an occasional bit of Football Manager but that's it.
We are a movie geek family :-) we download and rip dozens of large HD movies and TV shows every week, our monthly download usage is normally 200-400GB, so you can see we watch a lot of TV lol. The current HTPC we have is only a little Intel duo core few years old and it just can't handle the HD.

I have been looking at literally 100s of motherboards and CPUs of the last week and when I think I have found the right ones I see a bad review on a site or a comment on a forum saying that one has a rubbish chipset, its doing my head in!! I haven't even started looking at PSU's or GPU's yet!

Right I "think" I have set on a CPU, its either going to be the 2 below BUT I am fully open to suggestions as long as they ain't massively expensive ones:

Phenom IIX4 965, 3.4GHz,125W, C3, SocketAM3 - (HDZ965FBK4DGM) or the
Phenom IIX4 955, 3.2GHz,125W, C3, SocketAM3 - (HDZ955FBK4DGM)

Now I am trying to find a good match in a motherboard, its whether to get one with a built in GPU/Graphics card or buy a separate one.
The only must haves are: Min 4 DIMM slot for DDR3 will take upto 16GB, and I would say a HDMI port but if I buy a separate GPU that may have one.
I have been thinking about one of these below BUT again open to suggestions:

ASUS M4A88TD-M EVO
ASUS M4A88TD-V EVO
ASUS M4A88T-M EVO
ASUS M4A88T-V EVO
ASUS M4A89TD PRO
ASUS M4A89GTD PRO
GIGABYTE GA-790FXT-UD5P and a couple of other Gigabytes but I can't remember which ones lol :-\

I'll be putting in:
8GB DDR3 2x4GB sticks,
1x maybe if money allows 2x 1TB Western Digital Caviar Black Hard Drives
PSU not sure would love a few suggestions.
If I do get a GPU if not built in then again a few suggestions would be great.

Not sure if I missed anything, its a long enough question already lol, but I would really luv some help and ideas please people.

Kind regards and merry christmas