Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

how to help dog whining?

Ok so i adopted what we think is a beagle/coonhound one month ago so know he is about 7 months old. He has been the most pleasant of dogs to work with.. hes very disobedient and very hungry for attention. We are just now being able to get a grip on him behaving good for the most part but one thing thats driving me nuts is the whining in the am!!

We have a crate for him that is downstairs a couple feet away from the bottom of the steps and our bedroom is pretty much at the top of the stairs.. we get up at 6:30am usually yet his whining and barking start at 5ish. Ive tried covering the crate with a blanket.. i put a ticking clock in there.. ive put clothing that weve worn and smells like us.. ive put toys for entertainment in there.. and my last attempt i bought a shock collar which dimmed it down maybe just a tad but still no help.
    My only other options really are get up at 5am and take him out for the bathroom and then backin the crate till its time to get up.. or im possibly considering moving the crate into the bedroom.. although im afraid hell whine and bark in there and piss me off more.

Now i crate him during the day when gone for work and he doesnt whine.. he may whine for jus a minuet or 2 when we put him in for bedtime caz he knows where leaving.. I also put him in for a min or 2 when he acts really rowdy and again only whines for a min or 2 sometimes and then pipes down. My one issue is the AM whining. HOW DO I GET IT TO STOP??

Downloads
    Uploads
    I had a beagle, we did this for about a week, our dog would always wine too. We put the crate in our bedroom, she stopped wining. Dogs need to be with people