Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    j_howell58

I just got my Motorola Razr V3 stolen!?

I got the phone about 2 weeks ago and the person who stole my phone out of my car left the sim card for me. (Service is with AT&T) I was told that if the card was in the phone it could be tracked but if the card isn't they could just put theirs in it and use the phone with no problem. But is there a way to track the phone like GPS style? Anyone who knows the capabilities of this type of phone or got their phone through att would help.

Esby
    This is freaky, I just got a hand out from a friend regarding a similar thing. You can't track it BUT you can shut down the hand set so the joker can't use it. Get to your paperwork and come up with the serial number, 15 digits and unique to your phone. Let you service provider know the number and they'll shut it down even without the SIM.

Really the only way to track a phone's GPS signal is if they call 911. There might be other ways, but none that the police are going to delve into to recover a phone that costs a few hundred bucks. Maybe if they were tracking a mass murderer or something...

Well, at least they took your sim card out so they aren't running up your bill! Have to look at the positive!

you can't track it now.

you need to report it stolen and you need to get a new phone.