Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    eastwoodelvis

CB Radio....I have just ordered a President Harry 11 Classic CB.. With a...

...Wilson mag.. mount mobile antenna..? Has anyone got one and if so could anyone tell me if this system is any Good.. ( Whats the range ? ) Also is it hard to install it in a Van ?..Any tips on how to install it..

Well Quantum leap ..Theres no shortage of smart arses like you on this site thats for sure..I bought it because I spend a lot of money on calls to my Van and truck driver friends and most of them have now bought CBs to keep in touch because its free and cool to use..

chelle B
    not hard at all to install... you will need a long coax because you will want to mount the antenna toward the back.
    i dont know about the radio but it sounds like you have picked out a great antenna.
    When you set it up be sure that the swr's are not over 2 get them as close to zero as you can
    dont wanna fry that new radio
    But as far as a president i have never heard of it. i always like a galaxy.
    good luck and dont listen to the other smartalic
    he just dont know exactly how many people still use a cb
    maby he needs a reality check!

Zeltar
    Wilson is a good brand. Magnetic mounts aren't nearly as good as perm mounts. That's because they aren't grounded. And, ground really helps make the transmission effective. With a Van, you'll have good reflection surface for the antenna. So, that'll be a plus.

I, too, am a Galaxy fan. I also like Cobra. I haven't touched a President.

I don't think this setup will be enough to bounce your signal off the ionisphere. So, you'll be doing strictly local communications (i.e. mostly 2 to 10 miles.... unless over water... then 20).

Bob
    president is a good cb radio, and in my book wilson is the best antenna you can buy. if you bought the cb new it should have came with a cord that just plugs into your cigarette lighter, if not you can buy them at any auto store for about $10.00 you should be able to install it in under 30 min. easy
    just mount your bracket where ever you are going to put it,
    attach cb, put mike holder where you have easy access to reach it, hook mike to cb, and mount your antenna. plug cb into cigg. lighter. the range depents mostly where you are at.

note : be sure to have your cb calabrated to match your antenna or else it will burn up the board in your cb. if you do not have a calabrater, most auto stores will do it for a few dollars.

Quantum Leap
    1978 called......they want thier technology back.

Bob
    president is a good cb radio, and in my book wilson is the best antenna you can buy. if you bought the cb new it should have came with a cord that just plugs into your cigarette lighter, if not you can buy them at any auto store for about $10.00 you should be able to install it in under 30 min. easy
    just mount your bracket where ever you are going to put it,
    attach cb, put mike holder where you have easy access to reach it, hook mike to cb, and mount your antenna. plug cb into cigg. lighter. the range depents mostly where you are at.
    note : be sure to have your cb calabrated to match your antenna or else it will burn up the board in your cb. if you do not have a calabrater, most auto stores will do it for a few dollars.