Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sounds like you have a good start already. In addition to the items that you listed, I would add the following to your practice list:

- Receiving the ball. Work on receiving crosses, receiving the ball with your back to the goal, receiving on a half-turn, receiving in the air, etc. The better you can control the ball, the faster you can set up a shot.
    - Headers. Practice placing headers from corner kicks or midfield service.
    - Turning onto a defender (after you have received the ball, be able to turn onto a defender while keeping control.
    - Moves to beat opponents. If you get the ball with enough space, you'll often need to get past at least one defender to take a shot. Make sure you get at least 4-5 moves down perfectly (hundreds or thousands of repetitions). Make sure you can do them with both feet. Choose moves that can be strung together to create options for yourself. For example, I teach my players to do a slap, slap/cut and slap/stepover - when they know all 3 well enough, they can change the move mid-stream depending on how the defender reacts to them.
    - As for fitness, you should really focus on speed and agility. Agility runs, plyometrics and wind sprints will all help.
    - Make sure you can strike well with both feet. It turns out, especially for players who are relatively new to the game, most shot opportunities come to your weaker foot (the easiest 'move' under pressure is to tap the ball with the inside of your strong foot, so you are setting up a shot with your weaker foot).

Futsal is a great way to train, by the way.

Good luck!

Downloads
    Uploads

making high school varsity soccer team!!?

Im a senior and ive been playing soccer for less than a year now. i play forward and ive improved a lot since i started. i'm trying out for my schools varisty soccer team, which is really good, and i know im not as good as the varsity players but i want to get there. tryouts are on feb. 22 so i have a little over 2 months. i practice a lot on my own: taking shots from different angles, chipping the ball, passing, and ill be doing futsol toward end of jan- feb.
    will being a senior improve my chances of making the team (there are like 50- 60 girls trying out and only 32- 40 make it between varsity and jv)
    i play forward so do u guys have any tips or suggestions or drills i should do
    will being fit guarantee a spot on the varsity team, like if i can run a lot.
    i want to get faster and build my endurance so what drills should i do
    anything else that will help!!
    thanks