...sync with the video.? Hi, im having issues with my xbox 360 (new slim version) keeping audio/video in sync between my TV and Panasonic surround sound system.

Details~

I have my xbox 360 hooked into my tv LG HDTV (Model # 47LH30) via HDMI. I then have my Panasonic home theater system (Model # SA-BT230) connected directly to my xbox 360 via optical cable. The problem is not apparent at first as the audio and video are in perfect sync. Its odd because over the course of maybe 1 to 2 hours the audio slowly drifts out of sync to about half a second behind the video.

Initially I thought this to be a setting on the Panasonic itself so upon reviewing the manual I made some changes. The main change that I made was changing the audio delay setting from Auto to 0MS thinking that would solve the problem. Sadly it didnt work. I've been to several websites/forums/support chats to solve this issue but nothing concrete has turned up.

I could understand if it was a little behind at a constant rate but it starts out fine and the sync progressively gets worse. Power cycling the Panasonic seems to fix this but it is far from acceptable having to do this just to enjoy my surround sound.

It should also be noted that I had the exact same problem with a Panasonic SA-bt200 model. Upon making similar changes nothing worked either so I went online to find that several other users online had a similar problem with this exact unit. Thinking it was a fault with the unit I took it back and brought home the newer model expecting it to be in working order. The problem is not as severe on the newer model but its definately unacceptable.

I have fought with both of these systems for hours and im starting to think that I should just ditch the Panasonic systems altogether and get an LG to go with my TV. I've also tried this with another xbox only to have the same issue.

I know this issue seems minor but audio being out of sync is one of those things that just drives me crazy so ANY help to alleviate this issue would be greatly appreciated. I've fought and fought with this thing to the point that tossing it out the window seems a much less stressful solution to fixing it :P. Sorry if the message is a little disjointed and the grammar is terrible. I typed this up in a hurry and tried to cram all the details I possibly could.

I look forward to any possible solutions I can get to fix this! Thanks for your time.