Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Aramis

Does an XBOX360 play HD DVD's ??

I just got a HD TV . I've got a xbox360 and i've lost the instruction manual . i don't know if i need to buy a HD DVD player or if the xbox will do the job?

Downloads
    Uploads
    its made so it can play hd dvds but you need to buy a kit and install the disc first. It will not play if you haven't purchased the hd package.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/927343/en-us

family guy fan
    An Xbox 360 doesn't play HD-DVD's out of the box. You need an external drive which is $50 and includes a King Kong HD-DVD. HD-DVD pretty much lost the format war between Blu-ray so that's why it's pretty cheap to buy now. You're better off getting Blu-ray now. If you are now wanting to go look for a Blu-ray player, you might as well get the Playstation 3 as another video game system because it doubles as a Blu-ray player and it's cheaper than a standalone Blu-ray player and has much more features!

family guy fan
    An Xbox 360 doesn't play HD-DVD's out of the box. You need an external drive which is and includes a King Kong HD-DVD. HD-DVD pretty much lost the format war between Blu-ray so that's why it's pretty cheap to buy now. You're better off getting Blu-ray now. If you are now wanting to go look for a Blu-ray player, you might as well get the Playstation 3 as another video game system because it doubles as a Blu-ray player and it's cheaper than a standalone Blu-ray player and has much more features!

Downloads
    Uploads
    No, you need to buy the add on HD DVD player. It plays DVD in the disk drive yes, but not HD quality.

Downloads
    Uploads
    No, you need to buy the add on HD DVD player. It plays DVD in the disk drive yes, but not HD quality.

Downloads
    Uploads
    THe Xbox360 won't play HD DVD's unless you bought (note, past tense) an HD-DVD drive for it -it an extra. It's no longer available, but soon you will be able to get a Blu-Ray Hi-def drive for it instead.
    otherwise, the Xbox360 does only Standard Definition DVD playback.

You can also download new instruction manuals and such from Microsoft. Good Luck!