I am a new Reform Jew who left messianic "judaism" and I want to know how I would go about converting to Conservative Judaism. I converted to Reform Judaism because there was a Reform temple in my area and I really liked the rabbi compared to the orthodox rabbi. However, I have always felt, while a few of the Reform I know are actually quite observant, that I wanted to be another more observant branch. I have been thinking Conservative but I am still curious as to Orthodox standards as well. Would I have to go through the mikvah again and get another haftafat dam bris? About how long would it take to finish the conversion if I already have been keeping kosher and Torah for about 5 years. I have also taken classes in Judaism.

As a side question, should I stay reform ? I have heard that Reform Judaism is becoming way more observant and the Conservative movement is losing members. I like the openness of Reform Judaism yet I like the observency of Conservative Judaism. I will also admit I'm getting tired of Jews saying i'm REALLY REALLY not Jewish if i'm a reform Jew compared to the conservative or othodox movement. It is like people think I became reform because it was easy and I could make aliyah while secretly still being a messianic "jew". That I went with Judaism lite...and don't actually believe in the Jewish God or any of the religion.

Shalom,
Illan