Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

When Jesus Christ by His Spirit comes to save a sinner; does He have to wait

until the person says He can? Can men really shackle the hands of omnipotence?

Downloads
    Uploads
    If I am to go on living in the body, this will mean fruitful labor for me. Yet what shall I choose? I do not know!

"Then they will call to me but I will not answer; they will look for me but will not find me. Since they hated knowledge and did not choose to fear the LORD"

Downloads
    Uploads
    God respects a person's choice to choose him or not.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Or at the least, omnibenevolence.

I have good reasons for not being a Xian. To defy these reasons would be to defy my better judgment. A person cannot be saved through a self-destructive impulse (abandoning reason and love for truth), nor opportunism (this is discussed in the Three Temptations). By what cause is faith the result? Calvinist Lottery?

The exclusivity of 'Salvation through faith' has always been very problematic, for many reasons.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, that's why every time JESUS cure someone he/she asked him/her first if he/she believes.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ask the Apostle Paul that and he'd probably get a good chuckle out of it!

Acts 9:3 Now as he journeyed he approached Damascus, and suddenly a light from heaven flashed about him. 4: And he fell to the ground and heard a voice saying to him, "Saul, Saul, why do you persecute me?" 5: And he said, "Who are you, Lord?" And he said, "I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting; 6: but rise and enter the city, and you will be told what you are to do." 7: The men who were traveling with him stood speechless, hearing the voice but seeing no one....

...17: So Ananias departed and entered the house. And laying his hands on him he said, "Brother Saul, the Lord Jesus who appeared to you on the road by which you came, has sent me that you may regain your sight and be filled with the Holy Spirit." 18: And immediately something like scales fell from his eyes and he regained his sight. Then he rose and was baptized, 19: and took food and was strengthened. For several days he was with the disciples at Damascus. 20 And in the synagogues immediately he proclaimed Jesus, saying, "He is the Son of God." 21 And all who heard him were amazed, and said, "Is not this the man who made havoc in Jerusalem of those who called on this name? And he has come here for this purpose, to bring them bound before the chief priests."

Downloads
    Uploads
    God waits for our choice, yes. He is not shackled. It is His will to give us choice.

Neither does He have to wait, nor is he shackled.

He chooses to wait.