Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+

Hybrid View

Downloads
    Uploads

What gadget should I go for?

I'm thinking about getting some new gadget and I'm really confused about it =(
    I would really love the iPod Touch 4g..but there are some stuff that make me think twice (poor camera, hardware progressing very fast on portable devices, heard something about overheating problems and so on..)

The 2nd gadget I would like to get is a sony cyber-shot dsc-tx7..its a great camera..but..it's a camera..I really enjoy recording stuff and taking pics but I get bored REALLY fast..(proud sagittarius xD)

The 3rd would be a HD handycam. Not sure which one yet, but it should be around the same price as the sony camera and the iPod Tocuh 4g (8gb or 32gb) ~300$ (hopefully less). I wanted to go for film school after finishing highschool and ofc..I LOVE filming stuff xD

So yeah..it's a hard decision xD

I need you guys to tell me which one I should get, WHY, and maybe why should I NOT get the other.

Tnx!!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    If i were you i'd buy the ipod..cuz im addicted to music !

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'd go for a hd camcorder. I think that the ipod touch is kinda a waste, why not just get a really good smartphone that can do all that stuff.

Here is the one I would recommend, its a bit higher than $300, but still in the ballpark. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0031RGKZS?tag=mariaverch-20&camp=213381&creative=390973&linkCode=as4&creati veASIN=B0031RGKZS&adid=19KPJ984PEJCNX7350P5&

Downloads
    Uploads
    The iPod touch is very multi-purpose--you can watch movies on it, show pictures on it, play games with it, but basically it's an MP3 player. My sweetie bought me an iPod, years ago (I would never have spent that kind of money myself). I loved it for about 3 years and then it broke. I took it to the Apple Store and had to make an appointment to talk to the Genius at the Genius Bar. He said 'We don't fix 'em. Buy a new one.' I would expect something that expensive to last more than 3 years, but apparently Apple products have a short expiration date. I wouldn't buy another one.

For $300 you can get a lot better camera than a dsc-tx7. 10 megapixels and 4x zoom is pretty weak these days. But it would be better for taking pix than a cellphone or iPod.

The Handycam sounds good, especially if you're interested in making film. The ones I've seen, the pictures are really great--resolution and sound and color seemingly as good as broadcast TV. But they're very small and hand-held so the pics tend to be very jumpy and hard to watch. If you were really serious you'd need at least a tripod. Also it would be nice to have a jack for an external microphone because the one on the camera is only good for 5 feet or so.

If you are serious about either still photography or film-making you also need to learn some software. Photoshop or Adobe Premiere, something like that. So you have to see it not just as an added expense but also the (not inconsiderable) time it takes to really explore it.